The Granary and The Bowgie are two detached converted self-contained quality holiday cottages adjoining the Grade ll listed Trewerry Mill. The Granary is suitable for couples and families.
Nestled in a wooded tranquil valley, The Granary is a perfect base from which to explore the magnificent splendour of Cornwall. The dramatic North Coast is just 10 minutes drive away and the gardens and sheltered rivers of the South Coast are within easy reach. Both offer good walks and sandy beaches. The historic houses of the Duchy are readily visited and the National Trust Elizabethan Manor of Trerice is a short 5 minute stroll away.
The Granary is pet friendly and has been equipped for year-round use. It has exposed roof beams, a wood-burning stove in a traditional stone fireplace, in addition to central heating, Free Sat TV, DVD/VCR and Stereo.
The kitchen is fully fitted and includes a dishwasher and microwave. Beds are made up for your arrival, bed linen, towels and tea towels are included at no extra charge. Travel cot, highchair and stair gate are supplied as standard. Please supply your own beach towels. We are sure you will be delighted with the standard of accommodation at The Granary and look forward to welcoming you. Dogs are charged at £5 per night.
- 2 Bedrooms (1 king, 1 twin)
- Spacious bathroom with over bath shower, WC
- Kitchen, fully fitted with modern appliances
- Lounge with views to the Brook
- Dining Area
- Free Sat TV
- Complimentary Internet Access
- External Utility Room with Washing Machine and Condenser Tumble Dryer
- Sunny and sheltered gravelled courtyard, BBQ available for guests use
- Off road parking across the lane
- Beds are made up for your arrival
- Dogs welcome (max 2)
- Complimentary Electricity and Heating
- Sleeps – up to 4
- Parking – Yes
- Arrival day – Sunday
- Smoking – No
- Bedlinen – Yes
- Cot/Highchair – Yes
- Dogs – Yes
- Towels – Yes
- Short breaks – Yes
- Arrival time – 3.00pm
- Departure time – 10.00am
How to book
- To make a provisional booking online simply check availability and the price. Our booking system is very easy and simple to use and it will prompt you through the process.
- Only dates that are underlined can be selected as arrival and departure dates. For enquiries about other dates please email or call us.
- To confirm your provisional booking we will ask you to pay a non-returnable 25% deposit (subject to terms and conditions).
- The balance and a refundable damage bond of £50 will be due six weeks before your holiday commences. If your holiday is booked less than six weeks before arrival then the total is payable at the time of booking.
- Dogs are charged at £35 each per week (maximum 2 dogs).
- Please read our Explore Newquay Terms and Conditions thoroughly before making your booking.
- Prices may be subject to change at the owner’s discretion.
- Payment can be made via online banking or credit/debit card. All card payments will incur a surcharge as well as Paypal payments sent via email.
The Cathedral City of Truro and the unique Eden Project are approximately 20 minutes by car, while the bustling town of Newquay is just 3 miles away. Most places in the County are within 45 minutes drive.
Nearby areas of outstanding natural beauty include the Pentire Headlands, The River Gannel, Crantock Village and Crantock Beach (dog friendly beach). Newquay Golf club is located just behind Fistral Beach (the world famous surfing beach, host to numerous surfing competitions including the Rip Curl Board Masters). The Granary Cottage is situated on the cycle route from Truro to Padstow, and there are many varied cycle rides straight from the doorstep.
By road The Granary is within easy access of the A30 dual carriageway (four miles) which is served by the recently improved A30 bypass at Indian Queens, knocking a good 30 minutes off the journey time in the busy summer periods.
Newquay also has an airport (5 miles from the town centre) with flights from the UK between Newquay, Dublin, Luton and Stansted, along with flights from Europe being added as well. Buses run from Newquay Airport to the Town Centre. Newquay railway station is in the town centre and National Express Coaches serve Newquay too.